This article will show you how to do your Meter Reading Process.
1. Highlight the account you wish to run the meter reading.
2. On the left side of the tree you will see "Utility Billing System." Click the "+" and click the "Meter Reading Process" such as the picture below.
3. Once you have clicked on "Meter Reading Process" a window will appear that looks like the picture below. There are a few things to look at in this window.
- First, "Route Low" and "Route High" is the organization of the actual route.
- Second, "Date Start" and "Date End" is the time period of the actual usage. For example: If they are doing the meter reading for the dates "Date Start:2/1/2013 and Date End: 2/28/2013."
- Third, the user should hit "Gather Cycles." When you click the "Gather Cycles" button the cycles will appear in the "Cycles" area in the bottom left whether it be annually, monthly, etc. Choose the cycle you wish.
- When you select the cycle you want and enter all the dates and route low/high range, then you will click the "Produce Billing/Reading File" located in the bottom right.
- When you click on the "Produce Billing/Reading File" you will be ask to choose a "Status for Billing/Reading," you will choose whether you want the status to be "Active" or "Closed." Must users only do readings on their Active accounts.
- After you have selected the "Status" you will click "Continue." Note: Once you click on the "Produce Billing/Reading File" to produce the status, that button will change to say "Continue." After you select the status, click "Continue."
- When you click "Continue" the system will bring up the billing file name and the transactions. In this example it is "Billing File BF32.dbf ready with 21 transactions."
4. After you have gathered the sessions and received the billing file name with the transactions, again in this example it is "Billing File BF32.dbf ready with 21 transactions," the user will click the tab "Billing Files" such as the picture below.
5. In the picture below you can see that the "Number 3" is chose and the File name is "BF32.dbf." This matches the file name from the window before where you produced the file.
6. After the user has highlighted the correct "File Name" there are a couple of things to look at on this window.
- First, if you manually enter meter readings then the instructions at the top of the form tell you to double click on the correct line and a screen will appear allowing you to type in your CURRENT readings while viewing the LAST readings and dates. Just type all of them in and click the SAVE check mark button. Please refer to the picture below:
- IF you use an automated meter reading device, the "Import/Export Reading" button is where you will export the billing file to the handheld or import data from the handheld for the readings. Once you click the "Import/Export Reading" button a window will appear such as the one below.
- Once the user sees this window they will click on the drop down menu where it says "Handheld Type" and choose "export" and "import."
- You would EXPORT the text file out to your Handheld. the steps are easy. The system will ask you to pick which BF# you want to export. REMEMBER it is located in the govcollect\capwork folder. Then you will type in the export name such as neptune.exp. Please refer to the picture below. You will see "BF32."
- When you have gathered all the readings, you will click IMPORT. Again you will be asked for the proper BF# to update and then select the text file returning from the meter reading device.
- Second Step is to run the EDIT LIST report. This report will display your readings in case something was keyed in wrong. If you find something to fix, just go back to step one and correct the reading then rerun the Edit List. The Edit List has an ALERT prompt where you can key in a high low average alert such as .20. That means anything 20% higher or lower then previous will give you a warning.
- Third, the "PrePost Selected Billing File" which is a simulation of your billing run. On this screen you will push the START button and let the system go through and simulate all the charges for that BF#. It will tell you when it is complete. Go to the reports TAB and run the two reports to view the results from the simulation. Please refer to the picture below for reference:
- Fourth, is "Move Calculated Charges" where the charges will be applied. If you like the way it all looks in the simulation then push this button and the system will move all of the charges to the accounts. At this point any corrections would need to be done on the accounts since the charges are not posted to the live accounts.
- Last, is "Undo Posting" where you can undo the post in case of a mistake.
7. This is the area is for reports. Once you click on the tab "Reports" you will be asked to select the report you want to run and press the"Run Selected Report" button.
*If you have any other questions regarding the Meter Reading Process please contact the GovCollect support team.