After GovCollect has been installed on the server, use the following link to download the workstation install file.
Workstation installation is easy.
1. Share the Capsoft folder on the Server with FULL access rights for those using our product. (Perhaps a Group?)
2. From a workstation map a PERSTANT Drive letter (s:) to the Capsoft Folder on the Server.
3. Run the workstation install located in the capsoft folder as an Administrator.
4. You should not need to change anything unless you changed the drive letter.
5. Click NEXT through the installation. There is one screen that tells you what it is going to install; Runtime, BDESET, Crystal Reports Runtime and SQL Server Connection.
*IF YOU ARE NOT USING SQL SERVER AS YOUR DATABASE THEN REMOVE THE CHECK MARK IN THE CREATE ODBC DATABASE CONNECTION SETUP.
Click NEXT through all the setup items as the install goes through each component.
IF USING SQL SERVER:
1. When the ODBC Connect program form displays change the Server Name to ENTER YOUR SERVER NAME and press Connect.
2. The New ODBC Connection will show in the window above.
After setup is complete:
7. Run the Govcollect Shortcut and see if it works.
*If you have to create your own shortcut, point it to s:\govcollect\govcollect.exe